This blog is for women and men alike and is dedicated to the process of learning how to eat the way we were intended to - no rules, no restrictions, just good old fashioned intuition.
The Eating Guidelines
(as developed by author Geneen Roth)
- Eat when you are hungry.
- Eat sitting down in a calm environment.
- Eat without distractions.
- Eat only what you want (not what you think you SHOULD want)
- Eat until you are satisfied (approx 7-8 on a scale of 1-10).
- Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
- Eat with enjoyment, pleasure, and gusto.
We’ve been told for too long that we can’t trust our own body and its instincts; but the truth is our body has one goal: self-preservation. It knows what size it needs to be at to be healthy. It knows how much it needs to eat in order to get there. It knows what it wants. Stop. Listen. Trust.
This blog supports:
- Intuitive Eating (as developed by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch)
- The Eating Guidelines (as developed by Geneen Roth)
- The Healthy at Every Size Model (HAES)
- and Body Acceptance
Remember: Your body is your ally, it is NOT your enemy*. It’s time to start trusting our bodies and to stop listening to the lies the diet industry is telling us. It’s time to start honouring appetitie. No more restricting. No more calorie tracking. No more dieting. No more captivity. Intuitive Eating is freedom.
(*Professor Lynn Szabo)